The Owensboro Society for Human Resource Management (OSHRM) was founded on May 16, 1968. It is proud to be among the more than 575 affiliated SHRM chapters in the United States.
The OSHRM chapter is comprised of about 125 Human Resource professionals working in Owensboro and surrounding area. Approximately 60% of OSHRM members are national SHRM members and 40% of OSHRM members are certified as HR professionals by HRCI or SHRM.
Reasons to join OSHRM
- Exposure to other HR professionals and companies, HR procedures, policies, and practices
- Access to a network of professionals and specialists, providing experience and expertise that is otherwise difficult and/or expensive to obtain
- Develop contacts and professional relationships with other company representatives
- Availability of local professional development opportunities to improve your competence and earn recertification credits
- OSHRM Certification Award for members that attain their certification through HRCI or SHRM
- Exposure to best practices in the areas of organizational efficiency, employee engagement, and front-line management support
- Regular legislative updates and possible operational implications
- Develop and utilize your leadership skills through OSHRM volunteerism and committee participation
- Build a strong reputation as an HR resource within the Owensboro community
OSHRM Board Members